Available Position: Application Engineer, Katy, TX
Galleon Embedded Computing is an innovative leader in development of high-performance, high-quality storage solutions, small, rugged data recorder systems, servers and NAS devices. Galleon’s offerings span from commercial grade products for benign environments to ruggedized conduction cooled products for deployed systems in severe environments. Galleon Embedded Computing has product development and system integration facilities in Katy, TX (USA) as well as London (UK), Munich (Germany) and Oslo (Norway).
Applications engineers at Galleon Embedded Computing are technical experts who are focused on leading-edge products. We have a strong customer commitment and a great team spirit. If you are looking for an interesting and challenging position with a wide range of exciting responsibilities, you have come to the right place.
You will spend hands-on time in a Galleon lab tackling problems and delivering innovative development solutions that support our products and drive revenue. You will be called upon to conduct product research, perform benchmarks, set up demos and resolve customer issues.
- BS Computer Science / IT / Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work with export-controlled items or data.
- Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian, CentOS) knowledge.
- Bash Scripting, Python, C, C++ knowledge.
- Virtual Machine setup and use: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, XenServer, VirtualBox.
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks / Network Attached Storage a plus.
- Knowledge of Computer Architectures.
- Windows IT System Administration experience.
- NIST / CMMC Cybersecurity Compliance.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the sales team.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Configure and maintain hardware lab assets for customer demos.
- Write technical and application notes for customer use.
- Contribute technical content for proposal efforts.
- Conduct performance benchmarks.
- Help maintain office IT infrastructure and compliance with cybersecurity regulations.
- Work with design engineers to help identify customer needs for future growth.
- Assist with product shipment.
- Assist with trade show preparation and booth logistics.
- Ability to lift and transport equipment.
Galleon Embedded Computing has once again proven their ability to solve the requirements of massive raw data collections at high bandwidth.
Galleon Embedded Computing announced yet another defense program has selected and procured the XSR Rugged NAS with 80TB of removable storage
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, Galleon has suspended all travel and cancelled participation at all trade shows and events until end of June 2020